Monday, January 25, 2010

Snow day. . . and another. . . and another. . .

So we had a snow day on Saturday. With rain and ice and no travel advised. So I worked on a few projects. . .


First, I had this elephant thermal laying around (do you see my elephant theme??) so I decided to make a jumper. The fabric was really really stretchy so it got a little baggy around the neck. Otherwise it was pretty easy (again-- no pattern), but I'm definitely not a professional seamstress :)


So I left the sewing machine and made a yummy batch of soft ginger cookies. They are the only cookies I make (once or twice a year) and yes, I do follow the recipe. I ate one. Sadie ate one. The others magically disappeared :) I guess they were good!


Then I went back to the sewing machine to see if I'd have better luck with a tutu. I didn't. First, it was too small (way too small) and Kaleif interpreted my trying to squeeze Sadie in the tutu as torture. So I ripped a few seams and she fit! Second, it just didn't fluff as a good tutu should. I don't know what I did, but she still had fun with it. Maybe next time I'll try it with directions :)



So for the "and another. . . and another. . ." School was cancelled today and is two hours late tomorrow due to blizzard conditions. No school means no daycare! But unlike Saturday, today was not productive. . . And now, at 7 pm, I'm still wearing my pajamas :)


1 comment:

Laura said...

She IS gonna be a good dancer! Go Sadie! Make us awkward sisters proud!