Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Look out!

Boy, I had quite the scare at daycare today. I had to run to the kitchen to get our gourmet lunch of chicken nuggets and fries in the oven, leaving three oneish year olds and three twoish year olds to play by themselves for a mere two minutes. Just as I was closing the oven door, the screaming began. The cries the three babies followed. The two year old boy sounded seriously injured. I ran. Literally. I think I closed the oven door, though I'm not sure. I just needed to get back to that room as fast as I could. I don't even know what was going through my mind. . . then I saw him. Are you ok? I looked for blood. . . no blood. Missing limbs? Nope. He continued to scream for "MOMMY! AAAHHHH! MOMMY!" The babies stopped crying. He continued. What happened? What's wrong? I turned to another two year old who shrugged her shoulders. He continued screaming. And screaming. I looked for blood again. None. I turned to the other two year old, who just pointed. And I saw it. . .
.
The Roomba. My mom's fancy new robot vacuum cleaner, terrorizing young children who cross its path. So I turned it off and put it back on the base. He continued to cry for at least a few more minutes. I bet he'll keep his hands off that robot from now on. At least he won't touch the "on" button.

3 comments:

Los Askays said...

Hahahaha! you've been so good with your updates! love it! and love you!

Laura said...

Holy holy. That's so funny! Made my whole day!

bethany said...

Gotta love the roomba. That's really funny, and dramatic.