Monday, December 14, 2009

FINALLY!

So we FINALLY have a room completely finished!!! Ok, so its actually not completely done, but it's close enough to show you. We started this project the day we moved in our house about six weeks ago. I guess I was excited for Sadie to have her own room (a little late, I know) so I wanted to finish her's first.

Here are a few BEFORE pictures:





Looks pretty icky, doesn't it? It was. Sadie was even ready to get rid of that stinky carpet :)


So after some hard work and many weeks, Sadie's room is finally (almost) finished!

Drum roll please. . . .




Are you ready???





Here it is!


















So I just need to put the curtains up (I seriously can't find them anywhere! Packed somewhere. . . ) and find knobs for the dresser.

I have to let you all know. . . we were very thrifty in finishing Sadie's room. I pride myself in saving a few bucks (or deal-slashing as Bethany and I call it!)

1. We cleaned the walls, woodwork, and floors and gave them a new coat of paint! My handy husband installed the wainscotting.

2. I purchased all of the cream colored frames at an auction (two dollars for the four hanging in Sadie's room, plus extras I haven't used yet!), pulled the 1970s floral prints out, spray painted the frames, and cut the mats for my own pictures. It's so so so easy to use a mat cutting kit and it saves TONS of money! The green floral pictures are from IKEA-- very cheap :)

3. The dresser was free (thanks mom!) and just needed a new coat of paint. The little rocking chair was Kaleif's when he was little.

4. And for my favorites. . . the rocker/recliner was fifty cents. . . seriously, fifty cents at an estate auction. And that very cute baby buggy-- fifty cents as well! I love the buggy and it works great as a toy box :)

6 comments:

bethany said...

Oh my goodness! Shedding a happy tear for how beautiful this is Sis! The colors, the crib, the baby in the crib, the pictures !! (I think I see Noah's ark too!) And hippo! Oh and that floor! You are a genius. Love this and can't wait to see it over christmas. Do you have any projects??? LOVE

Kirsty said...

This looks gorgeous! I love it. That floor makes the room. Seriously. It's perfect.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

It looks WONDERFUL! If I could have beadboard wrapping my entire home, I would do it. :) Great job!

Los Askays said...

I LOVE IT!! I love the wainscoating (Spelling?~!) we want to do that to our house. Looks amazing! LOOOOVE the colors!

Unknown said...

stopping by from ASPTL. Love the beadboard - makes the room! And the stroller? To die for! Also love how you matted the prints with the white mats. Looks so great with the wainscoting. Fantastic room for your daughter.

klak said...

Great job!!
g'ma